Sunday, April 12, 2009

Love

So tonight I was sitting in my bed spending time with the Lord. I asked Him to show me to a place that would interest me or spark something inside of me. He led me to Titus. I have never read Titus before but I started reading at chapter 3. It talks about how we are to be obedient and be ready to do what is good. It goes on and talks about how we used to be foolish and disobedient. But God saved us with His love and kindness that He poured out through Jesus Christ. This got me thinking about how we love because God first loved us. Let me give you a mental picture of this-- the little orphans in Africa (and anywhere else) dont understand what love is. Many of them have come from broken homes where their father left them and the mother had to spend all of her time working and couldnt take care of a child, or both of the parents died from AIDS. These children have never been held or hugged on. They have never been told I love you. They have never been told you are beautiful. They have never been tucked in at night and kissed on the head. They have never cuddled on the couch with their daddy. They have never been able to run to their mom when they get scared and have her hold them and tell them its going to be alright. They dont know love until someone takes them in and hugs on them and kisses them and tells them how much they love them. Until then they are not able to love because they dont know what it means to love. Because of the example set before them they are able to love. This is what I think of reading through Titus. Because of God's example of what love is we are able to love.

On another note-- I LEAVE FOR AFRICA ON THURSDAY!!!!!! I am beyond excited!! I cant wait to see how the Lord uses me. I will follow Him wherever He leads....this week it is Africa and I cannot wait!! Please pray. Thanks!

2 comments:

Katie Beth KELLEY said...

hey, curry! it was great to see you the other night. i am so excited for you and whatever the future holds for you! you will be such a loving example wherever you are in the world! have a great trip! i love you!
katie beth

Connie said...

You have been gifted with an amazing capacity to love. I'm excited to think of the children that will receive that love from you in Africa. Always be true to God's calling and quiet enough to hear His voice. I'm so very proud of you. I love you.