Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Karamajong Day

Today was so exhausting both physically and emotionally! We went to feed the Karamajongs. Katie, Aunt Jennifer, and I went down into the village to round up all of the kids. They all know Katie so when they saw her they came running and followed us around the village until we got all of the kids. They are all so precious! All they wanted was to hold our hands and eat the food we prepared for them. I think the biggest thing that I got out of today was how much I take advantage of things and how I am so spoiled it almost disgusts me. This meal was probably the only meal that these kids will get for days. It’s sad to think about how in America even the poorest of poor eat everyday usually more than once. These kids would come back for 3 or 4 plates and they are all so tiny! I can hardly eat one plate. I fell in love with one little girl! She is so sweet and just wanted to be loved on. She followed me everywhere I went (when I wasn’t holding her, which most of the time I was). She is the cutest thing!


i couldnt get the pictures to load so hopefully they will be up tomorrow!

1 comment:

Pat Perry said...

Hi Curry! Your "other dad" and I are praying for you! Enjoy your time, love them well and rest in knowing you are right where God wants you to be. Miss you and love you much!!

Randy and Pat