Thursday, April 23, 2009


Another little girl who followed me around all day yesterday. :)


Aunt Jennifer and Jane! Jane loves to have her picture taken! :)


Yesterday we went to feed the Karamajongs again. I dont know how to describe the way it makes me feel. It breaks my heart so much!! I think that there are many people who dont know what it is like to see this going on and they cant really understand it until they see it first hand. I have always had something in me that knew this was going on in the world but it was almost like i didnt want to fully wrap my mind around it because it is so heart breaking. Seeing this first hand forced me to go there. I think God is really working at my heart. He sent me here to teach me that it is good let your heart and mind go there because for these people they have to live it everyday. Part of me wishes that I didnt have all the things that I have in America because i find myself getting comfortable. I dont think that God has called us to be comfortable! He has called us to live a life for HIM! By being comfortable at home i am not living my life for Him, i am living for my own selfishness. But more on that later. Today we are taking the girls swimming! They are sooo excited about it!






4 comments:

Dana said...

Are you feeding the Karamajong at the school Katie talked about? How many are showing up? We'd love to hear more details!

Also, your mom said that you met Asher...wow! If you get a chance, please email me some pictures at the school email address. I'd love to hear about that, too, if you have the time!

I'm so excited for you! We're praying for you!

Dana

Anonymous said...

Curry - I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. I can't wait to hear more. I am excited to hear all that God is teaching you. I love you! GAR

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am sure you are seeing so much that will forever change you ... i have been praying here !!!

love ya

mommy24treasures said...

wow its nice to meet you! Such a blessing you are! I am looking forward to following your journey.
Love Connie