Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'M FINALLY HERE!

This post I wrote on the plane to Amsterdam:

God truely is an amazing God! The entire week before I left for my trip I was nervous anxious scared afraid and worried about being gone for three months, and not knowing what to expect. I was reading crazy love earlier this week and it started talking about giving all your emotions to God. Every night before I went to bed I would pray this "Lord I am giving you all my fears anxieties worries and nerves please take them from me" You see if I was the one who was truely in charge of my life I would have to take these emotions and carry their burden all alone. If I was the one in control I don't think I would have the strength to pull myself together and get on a plane and be apart from my family for three months. But I have good news! I am not in control!!! God has complete control over everything in my life! And because of that I am able to let go of all my mixed emotions and go do gods work loving on his presouse and beautiful children! He is in control! Praise Jesus I'm not controling my life!
"lord I'm giving you my life. Turning over full control to your magestic hands! Your plans far surpass any plans that I would make!
Thank you for being in control!"


This is my second day in Africa and first morning to wake up at Amani. When I landed in Amsterdam I met up with the other families traveling. The first news that I get was that there is rioting in Kampala(where we are going). That was all we knew. We couldn't get a hold of anyone here and had little information on the riots. Just before we got on the plane we were finally able to get in touch with someone at Amani. They said that it was ok to travel through Kampala at night because the riots had stopped. When we landed in Entebbe we found out differently. We ended up staying in a hotel that anyone in America would consider dirty but was a very upscale hotel for Africa. We left the hotel at 5am to head to Jinja. God is watching over us and protecting us. He kept us safe traveling here and will continue to keep us safe.
My first days here have been crazy but have been so wonderful. I was able to go spend time at Katie's house yesterday and love on her girls. Now I am off to church and then maybe some four wheeling. Thank you for all your prayers and support!

3 comments:

Katie Beth KELLEY said...

glad you made it there! sounds like an adventure already! :)

Connie said...

God is good all the time,all the time God is good! Thank you for posting so quickly. Now if we could only get a few pictures! Seriously, thank you for being open to God's calling and giving it all to him!
I want to go four wheeling in Africa!
I love you.

Unknown said...

curry,

praying over you and so excited to watch what God has planned for your time in Africa.

praising God for your heart willing to seek ONLY His will for your life.

blessings and love in Christ,
jill
a blessed mom of 8 two from africa!