Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting Ready!

My emotions are all over the place. I am so excited about this journey that I am about to travel but at the same time I am a little nervous. I know I should not worry because God is walking on this journey with me and He is leading the way, but even though I tell myself that I still get nervous. I have never been away from my family for this long in my life so I don’t know what that will be like. I don’t know if I am going to want to come home after a few weeks or if I will love it so much that I want to stay longer. There are so many things unknown to me and unfamiliar that it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. But isn’t that what faith is about? Faith is not comfortable and familiar but hard at times and uncertain. The point of having faith is to trust Him in uncomfortable and unfamiliar places. You have to be willing to give up everything and trust that He will provide and that He will take care of you and that He is right next to you holding your hand when you get scared and comforting you when you grieve. You have to let go of yourself and let God take over. You have to let Him be in control, because if you are in control everything will fall apart. Even though you cannot see Him face to face on earth you have to trust that He is there. (You can see Him in everything around you. Take some time and walk outside and look around and everything you see is proof of Him.) If everything was easy all the time, who would need faith? You would live life with no worries, no fears, and nobody to trust. While all of that sounds like a good life, you would also have nobody to truly love you.

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.” ~Hebrews 11:6

“Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.” ~1Corinthians 4:2

"Therefore i tell you, do not worry about your likfe, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not your life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~Matthew 2:34

1 comment:

anna said...

Amen Sister! I am so exciting about the journey God is about to take you on! It will be hard, but like you said God will be with you every single step of the way. I will be praying for you daily. Africa here you come!!!

Much Love,
anna