Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update on things...

It has been a very long time since I have posted. If you have read my earlier posts you may remember my talking about going to Africa. Well, my original plan had been that I would go to Uganda during my spring break and help Katie Davis, this amazing twenty-year-old that God put in my life. I’m not really sure how this happened, other than it being God’s plan, but a big group got together and planned their trip to help Katie during spring break, not knowing my plans. Things got overwhelming and now I am not going during spring break. When I was first told the news, my heart shattered into a million pieces. Immediately I started getting frustrated with God and for a few weeks, I was asking Him, “Why are you doing this to me? You know this is where my heart is! Why would you take this from me? I thought this was Your plan!” Well, it has taken a lot of conversations with God, but I am at the point where I have been broken and realized maybe this was all my plans. I know that God has a time for me to go and has a perfect plan for my future. Right now I am praying that His timing will be shown to me. I have ideas of when I can go – the week after spring break or sometime in May – but I am trusting and waiting for God’s PERFECT timing.
I feel like my relationship with God has gotten closer and stronger. I have realized that my life has no meaning without Him and that He is in control. If I were in complete control of my life there is no telling where I would be. God has shown me that He is the only one who knows what my future holds. I have learned that thanking Him continuously strengthens the relationship we have. I thank Him daily for the plan He has for my life and the plan He has for my trip to Africa. I also thank Him for His answers to my prayers even if they don’t turn out to be the answers I was looking for. In doing this I have felt our relationship grow. I know that He is working for my good and that He will never lead me the wrong way.
Please be praying with me that I will trust God with my trip to Africa and that He will show me His perfect plan. Also be praying for me to find out if I need to have a travel companion and if so who that might be. Another thing to be praying about is for Katie and her children.

No comments: