Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Awaiting Africa

God really is good! Everything He does in life is for a reason. His timing is so wonderful and perfect, even when you don’t believe it. He always provides for you when it is needed! Everything He does is for your benefit, even when it feels like He is against you. You are His child! He doesn’t want to hurt you! He wants you to grow and become the best you can be!
I have become more aware of all of these things in the past few months. It took me awhile to learn these things on my own, and now I am seeing them first-hand.
For several years, I have felt God giving me a heart for orphans and caring for children. I have prayed for years for the orphans in the world. Recently I have felt God tugging at my heart, telling me that I should go to Africa to work in an orphanage.
For the past year or so I have been praying that God will show me what His call on my life is and where he wants me. I have only been on one mission trip, but ever since then, I have felt like that is where God wants me; on the mission field.
I feel like I have heard some very clear answers from God these past couple of months. I feel confident that this is what He wants me to do. I plan to go to Africa as soon as I can. The first time that I go will only be a short term trip, just to get my feet wet. I feel sure that I will go more than once, and the second time I go will hopefully be for much longer. I don’t have details about when or where I am going. I don’t know yet what organization I might go with. I do think I want to go to either Ethiopia or Uganda.
I would love it if you could pray for me. Pray for the decision of when to go. Pray for where to go. Pray for how I might best be of service to the Lord. Pray that I make the right decision about what organization to go with. Pray for the decision of what to do about college. Pray for my heart that when I do go that I will be aware of God’s presence and trust Him always. Pray for my family that they will be understanding (which they have been) and trust God with my safety while in Africa. Pray for the orphans in the world.

4 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know I pray for Africa ... I pray for the orphans and I have been seeing your heart changing lately... I can't wait to see what God is going to do in your life ... You should contact Katie about Uganda ... She said we could go and help anytime ... That would be a great place to start ... love ya girl !!!

Connie said...

I am proud of you, baby. I love to see how God is leading you and love seeing your obedience to him. I can't wait for this journey! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Curry ! I am so excited for you and your blog! Post a link on your facebook page! Nene is excited too and I will give her a hard copy of what you have written.
I love you! GAR

BIG said...

Hey curry. this was a great blog and i enjoyed readin it. your and amazing girl and can do amazing things for many ppl and i wish the best for you i will be praying for u and please let me know if there is anything i can do.